COVID 19 Action Plan
As the COVID-19 situation evolves, seemingly by the hour, the safety of our Mitchell team, our clients and partners, continues to be our top priority. BC’s Chief Medical Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry recently announced a series of strong recommendations to BC businesses and residents that we are acting upon.
The Mitchell management team is actively developing and implementing strategies to mitigate risks to the best of our ability to ensure the health and safety of our staff, clients and partners as well as the ongoing viability of business operations.
In short, if you need us, we’re here.
We are taking active and important steps to protect our team and ensure your work stays protected.
• An internal team has been formed to carry out our Covid 19 mitigation plans.
• Beginning last week, we have doubled our external janitorial service hours, who have been instructed to do an additional weekly deep clean, disinfecting all common spaces and administration offices including desks, keyboards, surfaces and workspaces.
• Additionally, our (3) staff janitors will be increasing efforts to clean and disinfect production work surfaces and areas on a regular basis. The janitorial staff continue to work cleaning and disinfecting all access points, common areas, washrooms and manufacturing equipment.
• Additional hand sanitizer stations are being installed this week in high traffic areas, in the meantime, disinfectant has been placed in each main production area for the past few weeks. All staff and contractors are encouraged to wash their hands and disinfect on a regular basis.
• All production staff (hands on work) are provided protective gloves and clothing to minimize human contact with any print we produce.
• We have initiated a guest registration protocol. All visitors must sign in and will be given a lanyard identifying them as a visitor.
• We are pausing all client and school tours. All visitors will be sequestered in the reception area, main boardroom and (2) customer rooms.
• NO outside visitors will be allowed in any production/manufacturing area unless approved by management (mechanics, service technicians) and they have completed a specified self-cleansing regime. This is for the protection of staff and visitors alike.
• Couriers and delivery drivers will be held in the courier lounge in shipping and are not allowed into the plant.
• We are asking all of our trusted partners to let us know what their mitigation plans are immediately. Our partners responses may impact what work is placed with them as we must ensure that our entire value chain is doing the best possible job for our business clients.
• We have cancelled all non-essential business travel, including sales trips abroad.
• We have cancelled or rescheduled participation in a number of upcoming conferences and are utilizing webinars and other media as benefits our clients and our team.
• Per BC Government recommendations, any staff travelling outside of Canada by any means (air/ground, etc.) effective March 13, 2020, will be required to self-quarantine for a period of 14 days upon their return to Canada.
Communicate with us on your terms.
Speak with live experts as you need.
Email or Video conference now available.
Website inquiries and questions responses fast.
Print with us Remotely via custom digital storefronts.
• Any staff that are able to work from home, are provided technology to do so.
We are ready to serve you.
Be vigilant in the fight against fraud.
Be wary that in times of stress, bad actors are watching for any weak point in your business communications. Be vigilant against suspicious emails, strange requests from familiar partners.
We’d like to thank you all for your understanding and cooperation. These are unusual times, but they will pass, hopefully sooner than later. Through our combined efforts we know that we can and will make a difference and minimize the effect of this outbreak- on all of us here at Mitchell Press/Mitchell Digital and by extension our partners, friends and family.
Mitchell Press Management.
For more information, please contact
Scott Gray VP Sales and Marketing