*** APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED***
Job Posting: Procurement Manager
Start Date: Immediate
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm (40 Hours)
About: MITCHELL PRESS
Since 1928, Mitchell has grown into a print marketing company with a rich history in print craft, combined with industry-leading technology and sustainable practices.
We are focused on building a culture that delivers exceptional client experiences every day. If you are like us; humble, hungry, have super talents and love to work in a fast-paced inclusive environment? Join us!
We are looking for a Procurement Manager.
Mitchell Press Limited is looking for a Procurement Manager who can analyze our current buying patterns and create the best methods for day-to-day purchasing operations.
Our Procurement Manager will be responsible for overseeing our purchasing department, establishing buyer goals based on corporate inventory needs and sales projections for the coming year, and setting career objectives for each member of the purchasing team. If you are a skilled negotiator with proven previous experience in the print manufacturing industry, please apply today.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Propose improvements to the current purchasing system that will improve vendor relationships and lower the cost of doing business
- Work with suppliers, manufacturers and internal departments
- Maintain a database of approved suppliers
- Build and maintain relationships with suppliers and vendors
- Negotiate better pricing and terms
- Search and source potential suppliers and vendors
- Oversee the recruitment, hiring and training of new staff
- Provide reports for upper management
- Take the lead in creating profitable ways to manage obsolete paper and sundry items to help offset losses
- Track, measure and analyze company purchasing expenditures
- Specific to Paper: o Monitoring production schedule to ensure on-time procurement of paper for upcoming jobs
- Ensuring paper is ordered and delivered as required by the production schedule
- Ensuring paper for the day’s production is at the press in a timely fashion
- Maintaining inventories by receiving paper into inventory and issuing inventory to specific jobs
- Administration of FSC Program and supply of data / reports for submission for the environmental initiatives we pursue (Climate Smart, Canopy.org, etc).
- Processing paper claims
- Ordering of pallets, shipping supplies, janitorial supplies, and stationery
- Adhere to all laws, rules and regulations
- Previous working experience in a Procurement Management role for 4+ year(s)
- Monarch or MIS experience required
- Strong MS Office Skills
- Hands on experience in budgeting and purchasing management
- Superb communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Problem solver with a strong analytical mindset
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management required
- Proven history of developing effective inventory management policies required
- Certifications in Business Administration, Logistics, or similar relevant field preferred
Renumeration is based on experience
Robust extended benefits package, and Pension plan
*** APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED***
email resume to [email protected]